Careers4u.tv is owned by Muirgarth Limited.
Once we have received your information, we will protect it using Careers4u.tv’s standard procedures and security features aimed at preventing unauthorised access. In particular, we employ user names and passwords on Careers4u.tv’s computer systems to ensure that access to Careers4u.tv’s systems is limited to those with proper authorisation.
This Policy sets out Career4u.tv’s views and practices regarding your personal data and the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to Careers4u.tv, will be processed by Career4u.tv. Please read it carefully.
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Muirgarth Limited whose contact office is Orchard House, Kilmington Common, Warminster, Wiltshire BA12 6QY.
Careers4u.tv’s nominated representative is Celia Middleton who can be contacted by post at the above address or by e-mail at email@example.com
The above postal and e-mail addresses are the Careers4u.tv Contact Addresses.
User name and activities
You may view the website at www.careers4u.tv (“the website”) without registering as a user but cannot view the full length clips unless you are a registered user. If you register as a user you will have disclosed personal information to Careers4u.tv and we will be able to identify you from that information.
If you register with Careers4u.tv, you will be asked to provide a user name and this user name will be displayed on our website, for example, on bulletin boards where you post contributions. Your user name will therefore be available to the public. We recommend that you choose an anonymous user name rather than a user name which allows third parties to identify you.
Unless you consent, we will not give your actual name, or contact details to other users. However, if you make this information publicly available, other members and third parties may use this information to contact you. We have no control over such contact.
Whilst we will make all reasonable endeavours to enable you to edit, amend or remove contributions, you should be aware that you may not be able to remove any contributions which you post to the website once they have been posted.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide to Careers4u.tv, for example by filling in forms on the website, by requesting information from Careers4u.tv or from other Careers4u.tv. users or in requesting any goods or services.
- Information that you give Careers4u.tv when you write to us (including by email).
- Information that you give Careers4u.tv when we speak to you by telephone. We may make and keep a record of the information you share with us by this means.
- Information that you provide to Careers4u.tv by completing surveys. We may ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to the website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, information search requests and search results, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for Careers4u.tv’s own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
- Details of transactions and communications you carry out through our website and of the fulfilment of any orders.
- Information obtained by Careers4u.tv from third parties in accordance with the Act.
IP addresses and cookies
To help Careers4u.tv improve the website and to offer a better and more personalised service and for system administration purposes, we may collect information about your computer, IP address, operating system, browser type and information about your general usage of our website by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive and enable Careers4u.tv, for example:
- to estimate our audience size and usage pattern;
- to store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our website according to your individual interests;
- to speed up your searches; and
- to recognise you when you return to the website.
Where we store and process your personal data
All information you provide to Careers4u.tv via email or the website is stored on Careers4u.tv’s secure servers and any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
We do not store credit card details nor do we share customer details with any 3rd parties.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the website, you are responsible for keeping the password confidential. We ask you not to share the password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the website; any transmission is at your own risk.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- to ensure that content from the website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from Careers4u.tv, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and Careers4u.tv;
- to notify you about changes to Careers4u.tv’s products and services;
- to run competitions, surveys and incentive programmes;
- We will only use your data to provide you with information about Careers4u.tv’s products and services which may be of interest to you where we have your prior permission to do so. We will not contact you by electronic means to provide you with information about products and services which may be of interest to you, unless you have consented to this;
- We will not pass your data to third parties to enable them to provide you with information about their products or services.
If you do not want Careers4u.tv to use your data in one or more of the ways mentioned above, please let us know. We will not pass your data to third parties other than as permitted in this Policy.
Although we do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our business members, we may provide them with aggregate information about our members (ensuring that no individual is identified) for their marketing and strategic development purposes.
You should be aware that if you disclose personal information publicly anywhere on the website or on any other website accessed as a result of using the website that information could be collected and used by anyone else accessing that website and may result in unsolicited messages from other parties. We cannot be held responsible for such messages.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of Muirgarth Ltd, which includes our subsidiaries as defined in section 736 of the UK Companies Act 1985.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if Muirgarth Limited itself or a substantial part of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its members will be one of the transferred assets;
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions of Website Use and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our members or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
You have the right to ask Careers4u.tv not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will inform you if we intend to use your data for such purposes. Additionally, you can exercise your right to prevent such processing by contacting Careers4u.tv at any time at either of the Careers4u.tv Contact Addresses above. Further, if at any stage you would like us to check, amend or remove any information held by Careers4u.tv about you, please contact us at the same Addresses.
Third party privacy policies
Careers4u.tv may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of Careers4u.tv’s suppliers, partner networks, business members, affiliates and other third parties.
Access to your information
The Act gives you the right to access certain information held by Careers4u.tv about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet Careers4u.tv’s costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.