Careers4u.tv is a completely independent careers library featuring interviews with young employees, apprentices and entrepreneurs who have been filmed in the workplace so you can see what their working life is really like. Click here to see what people say about us and find out how we are different.
Our main aim is to give you inspiration, spark some ideas and, maybe, even help you decide what you don’t want to do.If you want to know more about a job the Useful Links, given with each Careers4u.tv video, will take you to the relevant websites.
Sometimes there is too much choice. Careers4u.tv is here to help you make sense of the options.
How we are different
There are a lot of good career guidance resources online and we pride ourselves on offering the best impartial video resource for careers information direct from young people doing the jobs.
- We’re independent so you won’t find companies trying to sell to you.
- We have more variety, from start-ups to multinationals, from highly commercial and competitive companies to social and community-based organisations of all sizes.
- We feature opportunities for all skill and entry levels, apprentices, graduates, non-graduates, post-grads etc.
- We’re more userfriendly, and offer the ability to explore opportunities by Favourite Subject, Qualifications, Lifestyle, Industry Sector and / or Your Strengths.
- We’re professional filmmakers who ruthlessly edit out the irrelevant chitchat to give you only the information that is useful, meaningful and relevant to the decisions you have to make. We won’t waste your time with fluff.
- All our videos feature people under 30-years old and most are in their early or mid 20s.
It’s like talking to a mate or your older brother, sister or cousin.
About the interviewees
Careers4u.tv interviewees talk about the realities of their careers: what they do, the skills they need, how they hope to progress and most importantly what they enjoy – and sometimes – what they don’t! More information, facts and figures are available through the links we provide with each video.
Our interviewees are an eclectic mix! Some have loads of qualifications and work for global organisations; others left school at 16 and have become successful business people or craftsmen.
Each one is an individual who has given their time because they wish they had been able to get first-hand careers information when they were younger.
A three month licence for a single household costs £24.95 from the registration page .
Schools and colleges can purchase a licence and use the website directly or through the school intranet site. We work with all leading VLEs. Schools licences are available for £295 + VAT per school per annum.
How to contact us
If you have any feedback on the site, ideas for future development or would simply like more information, please contact us:
Tel: 01985 844820
Registered office: Muirgarth Ltd, Orchard House, Kilmington Common, Warminster, BA12 6QY
Company number: 5263413